View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 07:29 PM   #225
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Because you really don't know everything about that car - as much you think every car is the same, they're not. You might be shopping between two M4's that are spec'd the same but one dealer is giving a huge discount. What you don't know is that the dealer that is giving you a discount had to buy that car from BMW for a promo in exchange for a huge discount.

There are various ways dealerships can receive cars outside of their required order banks and they may or may not have significant cost savings that they can pass on to their customers.

Going back to your first sentence, it's not that you're aren't privy to an amazing deal, you were just not there at the right place and time.
I'm talking about placing a factory order for the exact same spec on the exact same day. Why is one dealer giving a huge discount relative to the other one? Why did one dealer have to "buy" that car from BMW for a promo? Why are there various ways dealerships can receive cars outside of their required order banks?

I'm sorry but you're just proving my point. The convoluted smoke and mirrors of middleman dealerships that compete against each other is the root of this problem. If dealerships were simply sales offices for the manufacturer who are required to sell each car at exactly the price you see on the manufacturer's website, all of this goes away.
Appreciate 5
lax01797.50
bobert858.50
Germanauto9747.50
Ibiza3645.00