F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > B48 power loss below 3k rpm
Extreme Powerhouse

05-11-2024, 11:23 AM   #1
kierownik
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 320i Sport Black

Hey guys.
My 2016 320i with b48 and 50k miles once again treated me to a brand new issue.
Drove 60 miles to the beach today. No problems, the car had power and ran butter smooth.
Parked up. And went to enjoy some sunshine with wife and kids.
Came back to my car, started it, turned the ac max on and started rolling through the car park. First issue was the AC. It suddenly stopped cooling the interior. The fans kept running but it wasn't properly cold. I turned the ac off and on again and it eventually started to cool the interior.
Once I got out of the car park I noticed that the car is lacking power. On setoff in 1st it had good acceleration but once I shifted to 2nd it was almost dead. Pedal to the floor and nothing until it reached 2.5-3k rpm and even then it didn't feel like it had full power.
I managed to get back home but the car had no power all the time. It managed to maintain 70mph but accelerating was just painful.
When I got back home I noticed that the fan radiator fan is on full speed. I also noticed that all the way back home the oil temp was slightly lower than it normally would be under such conditions.
Anyone have any idea what could be the issue?
Thanks.

Edit: started the engine just now after about 2hrs from returning home and.... Check engine light is on. Wasn't before. Also the fan instantly kicked in full speed.
I won't vr able te get the codes read until tomorrow morning. But the onboard computer doesn't show anything at all.

Edit 2: Managed to get them read now.... Here's what we found....
Deleting the fault codes brings the powder back and turns the fan off for couple of minutes before the code kicks back in.
If it's a faulty sensor I can change it myself but I'm looking at all the hoses and I can't find the thing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0