F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NBT EVO I-Step upgrade always fails when writing SWFL 2722
proTUNING Freaks

05-09-2024, 03:14 PM   #1
wemza
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

NBT EVO I-Step upgrade always fails when writing SWFL 2722

Hey everyone. Well it was a couple of months ago since I started DIYing with my car, and we came to the moment of the I-Step upgrade.

I wanted to upgrade from 16-07-505 to 23-07-530, but in the first update my laptop went to sleep, which resulted in an error. Maybe this caused the following:

I always get this Checkmemory (or CheckmemoryHttp) error when I try to flash SWFL 2722, the SpeechUSA component of the NBT Evo software.
I tried multiple I-step versions for this 2722, manipulating svt-ist , svt-soll, and also tal. (there are some leftowers in the psdzdata 4.44.11), all throws the same error, and currently the SVT Actual shows the "unknown" value instead of the 2722. The rest of the software I could update successfully, and every other ECU works well. Car was originally fitted with NBT Evo, and I added a wifi antenna to it for carplay. Does anyone have an idea what should I try in this case? NBT is always booting into bootloader, and I redownloaded the psdzdata again to check if the data is corrupted or something, but I haven't fully compared that yet.

Using E-Sys 3.30.1 by the way.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 03:28 PM   #2
wemza
Registered
Rep

Super messed up image about the software components' state:
View post on imgur.com

This stays in even if I manipulate the SVT soll and try to write it.

What was also weird to me that older speechusa packages were around 1GB, while the one I tried to flash is only 100mb.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 08:06 AM   #3
wemza
Registered
Rep

Managed to fix it... this VERY single file was corrupt in my psdzdata, had to redownload, extract, retry to flash. then succeeded for the first time, iDrive is running again.
Appreciate 0