F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Flappy Paddles not working & O2 error
GetBMWParts

05-09-2024, 02:33 PM   #1
H51ngh
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Sport

Flappy Paddles not working & O2 error

So, on my 320D Sport 17 plate the flappy paddles appear to have stopped working.

I had this issue before when they wouldn't work but after driving to work and coming back they worked again so thought it was battery needing a charge. I don't use them very often so not sure when they stopped but want the function to work.

I put a multimeter on my battery this morning and it was reading about 12.3v not running.

I tested all the fuses at in the engine bay with a multimeter and they all made it ping.
I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but no luck.

My battery does appear to be the original BMW one but I think the battery is fine car starts up perfectly. I do a 60 mile round trip twice a week then only drive it 5 mins down the road 4 times a week for gym.

All the other functions on the steering wheel work fine.

I ran a car scanner app with vgate obd and I didn't get a fault relating to steering wheel etc

What could the likely culprit be? It doesn't seem like a very common issue as not a lot of threads on it, most are from people who retrofitted.
Just to check should the paddles work as soon as the car is in drive?

Regarding o2 got one for P0141, P22AE, P0138, P2270 signalling a fault with the o2 sensor, which I previously changed in December 22.
I did have the car remapped last month so could that be related? The remapper did give warranty, but I'm not sure if the issue is related or I just got unlucky with the sensor. It was a Bosch one rather than OEM (triple the price and Bosch was £80 )
No errors on the dash just shows when run scanner

Any help is appreciated
Appreciate 0