BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-03-2024, 09:06 AM   #1
esaru
Rep
Drives: x3 F25

Engine tuning detected - O2 sensor error

Just got a used 2017 f25 20d.

I have used feature installer to install fsc code for CarPlay. I have also used esys to upgrade iStep, which only entailed update of the HU. I have also used BimmerUtility to do some minor coding, and installed the aftermarket amp/dsp Match Up 8DSP via quad lock harness behind HU.

Recently got ISTA and it immediately alerts about engine tuning detected. Could this be a false positive due to the modifications mentioned above or is the car definitely tuned? If so, how can I remove it?

Perhaps it could be related to the following error codes?
284E00 Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter, Nernst voltage, signal: Open circuit
283400 Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter, heating, activation: Open circuit
282E00 Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter, heating, activation: Short circuit to B+

I’ve cleared them multiple times but they always return. I suppose the sensor needs replacing? Or is further troubleshooting advisable?

Very thankful for any input.
Appreciate 0